Being a docent is easier than you think! Here is the timeline of what you'll have to do:
- Sign-up Once you sign up, you will be contracted by Oster's Head Docent with all of the information you will need to be a success.
- General Training If you are a new docent, we provide a general training (less than 2 hours) to learn about all the art concepts we cover in the Art Vistas program.
- Grade Specific Training Go to the grade specific training offered twice a year (less than 2 hours each). The trainers will go over every print we are going to present and they will show you how to do each project step-by-step. You will get the curriculum sheet for every set.
- Scheduling Talk to the teacher and your helpers to pick convenient dates for each set. Set aside at least 1 hour to 1.5 hours for each set. Put the dates and time in Wiggio to book your spot.
- Classroom Session On the day of the session, pick up the prints from the work room and a supply bin from the Art Vistas storage room. All the materials will be prepared for you. Go to the classroom to present the prints and hands-on project just as you've learned in the training! Clean up and bring back the prints and supplies right away.
- Prepare for the Art Show During Oster's Open House at the end of May, there will be an Art Show. You will be responsible for mounting, labeling and hanging the art for your class. See the Art Show Tab for more information.
Read the Welcome Information Letter sent to all docents: